Our 1580s Long House project, which will be our new education space, has progressed well over the Summer with help from lots of wonderful volunteers, and several Summer School/working parties of Architecture students from University College London. A successful Crowd Funding Campaign also boosted our funds, enabling us to pay for quadruple glazing as well as materials and tuition for volunteers to learn carpentry, and construct our new staircase. A huge thank you to all who supported us!
From mid-October our focus will change to making and fitting the wooden tiles (shingles) for the roof and once again we need volunteers to help us. Why not join us on our community building project – no experience necessary! Volunteer working parties will be on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and most Saturdays.
- Learn new skills or refresh carpentry skills that you already have, using traditional woodworking tools.
- Meet like-minded people and make new friends.
- Enjoy being part of a shared project which is environmentally friendly.
- Benefit from gentle green gym exercise in the fresh air.
- Unwind and enjoy our beautiful site and the wildlife that lives there.
- See your contribution make a real difference.
We are always pleased to welcome new volunteers. To find out more about us and what we do, or to volunteer with us, take a look at our website: www.orchardbarn.org.uk, email: email@example.com or call Sarah on: 07766 054 042.
Orchard Barn, Ringshall, Stowmarket, Suffolk, IP14 2LY